Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A New Beginning


All the posts you can find below are imports from my old blog, thetea-party.com. I've reposted them all with their original publishing date. With all the rage that is the current "tea party" movement these days, I thought it would be best to scrap the entire domain name. After all, in my writing I have always tried to avoid the hallmarks of the current tea party movement- lots of screaming and not much information. There are some qualities of American political discourse in general, and the tea party movement in particular that I find so absurd I'm not sure whether I should be laughing, or cowering fearfully. In this movement there is quite obviously a surplus of passion and outrage, coupled with a shortage of facts and evidence. Call me unfair, but I'm not inclined to give much credibility to anyone who can become outraged by a healthcare bill while remaining silent on a military budget that is ten times larger.
I'd like for American Commentary to be nearly the opposite of this circus mentality-- measured and careful thoughts, with level of passion directly proportional to the facts at hand. See here to if you care to know more about American Commentary's goals.
From this point forward all posts to this site will be American Commentary originals. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment